The Noggin Quote of the Day (or Week or Month)

"I'm going to bike [the] Tour de France. With Mommy and Papa" - The Noggin

Monday, July 23, 2012

So BUSTED...

That's how I've been feeling since last weekend's olympic tri.  Here are some signs that I did not recover well from that effort:
  1. My long "ride" on my trainer this weekend felt like some sort of cruel and unusual self-afflicted punishment (this was even with watching old episodes of Smallville with the gorgeous Tom Welling)
  2. I slept 9 hours Saturday night (which I never do) and still felt like having a nap on Sunday
  3. Even my compression gear didn't make me feel any better
  4. I want to eat everything in sight (I eat when I'm tired, which is why I gained almost 40 lbs when I was pregnant)
  5. I fell asleep today for ten minutes with the Noggin singing "Old MacDonald" in my ear (and no, the Noggin does not know how to sing quietly) 
It worries me that the last week has been so hard.  I feel like I'm not getting any sort of quality out of my workouts this week because I'm so tired, which makes me feel like I am missing a week of training.  With Pumpkinman less than 6 weeks away, that is very disturbing.  Looking past Pumpkinman - I am supposed to run the Nike Women's marathon with my sister 5 weeks afterwards.  If I can't even recover from an olympic, how am I supposed to recover from a half-iron in time to do some long runs before the big day? Ack!

I feel like I'm the sign the Noggin was drop kicking all last weekend.  Not a good feeling. Hope it goes away soon...


BTW - that is my hat the Noggin is wearing.  He can also wear my visor and my sunglasses - that's why we call him the Noggin.

No comments:

Post a Comment